Monday 11 October 2010

Apologetics for the Catholic Church.. SHOW ME SOMETHING BETTER

39 years ago, I joined the Jesus movement.

This was a movement born in California amongst the Hippies and surfers and drop outs of the late 60s and 70s.

I was in this group for a quarter of a century!

5 years earlier I had given my heart to Jesus on a railway train one cold February morning shortly after the death of a great statesman, Sir Winston Churchill.

I was in and out of many different denominations as I looked for something to really give my life too.

IF JESUS WAS WORTH FOLLOWING, HE WAS WORTH FOLLOWING ALL THE WAY.
I COULD NOT SETTLE FOR JUST CHURCH BENCH WARMING AND OCCASIONAL BIBLE STUDY.

First I tried my own branch, the Church of England. Then a revolutionary branch of the Baptists, known as the Navigators.

I owe a great deal to the Navs as they taught me to memorise key verses of The Holy Bible and how to witness effectively. I loved to witness!!!! I still do and do it every day except Sundays and even then I do if I get the chance.

I do not want to arrive in Eternal Life alone. I want to bring many others along with me.

I also tried the Brethren and the Methodists and all kinds and shapes and sizes of the Pentecostal world.

You can read a more detailed account in my Auto Bio which is posted on
www.blogspot.com

When I was absolutely desperate, the Lord sent along the Jesus movement of the Children of God.

The COG was everything that I was looking for and more.

It was a life of total faith and commitment and witnessing every day.

It hit London and England like a storm or rather a powerful breath of the Holy Spirit.

With no visible means of support except blind faith in the promises of Jesus Christ in the Bible we were soon in a very few years expanding all over the world.

Back to the point of this true story.

Our first Community was in a warehouse, a disused Factory belonging to a Mr Frampton in Bromley Kent.

One of his sons joined the group, much to his dismay. Mr F was a kind of solid evangelical.. a branch of the Brethren, I think??

As I was the oldest being 30 or 31, I was often being used to explain the group to Reporters, Police, Parents and many a time to Mr Frampton himself.

He would keep saying to me that he was very suspicious of the COG and why was I not thankful for just being an EVANGELICAL?????

This was before they embraced a sexual revolution for which they eventually became notorious.

I SAID TO HIM AND TO THE MANY VISITORS WHO ASKED ME SIMILAR QUESTIONS.....

Show me something better and I will for sure join it.

Catholicism was out of the question as in England the ANTI CATHOLIC DISINFORMATION
PROGRAMME had been very successful and was branded a false form of Christianity... Bells...Smells...Priests dressed up as women..

Later after watching and amazing Zeffirelli movie, BROTHER SUN and sister moon, on the life of Saint Francis of Assissi, I did begin to see that we in the COG were not unique.

Now my challenge to you, this early morning on October the 5th, my Mothers Birthday and also the Saints day of Faustina who died as I was born 48 days later.....Show me something better than the Roman Catholic Faith....

Show me a faith that has stood its ground for 2000 years.

Show me a faith that has such an enormous impact on this modern world and makes headline news regularly, even if sometimes it is only our sad errors.

Do you mean to tell me that there is no Paedophilia in Protestantism?
Of course there is but nobody cares or just very few.

What group runs more Hospitals, Charities, Hospices, Schools and places of Higher education?

Look at the publicity our Church got as Pope B16 went to the UK and confounded all the angry PROTESTERS!!!

If the leader of a Protestant sect even a so called main line one like Methodists or C of E would commit adultery it would make very little news, but if our Pope gets knocked down by accident by an over enthusiastic lady, it is headlines on CNN and BBC.

God Bless you!!!!!
God love you!!!!!
Peace!!!!!!!
michael jaffray king

No comments:

Post a Comment