Tuesday 23 February 2010

Some home truths about life

Some home truths about Life!!
Everyone on this earth has to work!! That is a fact!
Mostly we have to work putting our feet under someone else's table. Doctors, Lawyers, Priests, Office workers, Factory workers and everybody except for a few very rich bosses at the top and even they have plenty to worry about like now in an economic depression and recession.
Very few work with nice pleasant people all the time. Maybe a few do but sooner or later we start to see their idiosyncrasies and this is where the German word for like comes into play. Leiden means to suffer and put up with someone. I suffer you means I like you basically.
We all have to learn to suffer other people. This is made easier when we realise how imperfect we are ourselves. Only those with a very high opinion of themselves are unable to put up with others !!
I as a self appointed missionary have it pretty easy as I am self employed. However I have to be very polite and I have to make a good impression with all.... all.. the people I meet. Even those who absolutely hate what I am doing..I cannot afford to be rude. If I am I will be asked by my Church and the leadership and the Police to stop my activities.
We all have to make sacrifices and work with many people that are not to our liking. THAT is a part of life. We get pushed around by our bosses and even if we like them a lot to begin with as time goes on just like in a marriage many points of disagreement come up and then we have to bite our tongues and keep going as otherwise the pay check does not come in and we starve or there is a divorce.
All this is pretty obvious but not to some sad to say.
They all want to be the boss and as soon as another one of them gets the job done without them they would prefer to say goodbye to a million dollars and just hang on to their pride. Life is full of these moments when we get humbled.
I remember when I was at the Royal Naval college and it was time to elect the Captains. It was either going to be me or a far more likely candidate Richard Channon. To my delight and amazement it was me and so I went to see Channon to offer my condolences. He smiled and then told me that he had been made the Captain of the whole College. Pop went my balloon! Ha!
When I was the leader of my kids and we were singing literally hundreds of concerts in just about every kind of place imaginable, I was determined to get them onto the world stage. We had good Christian songs but as the world is only a small percent Christian, the world wasn't interested. We met a man who could have helped us but I was too proud to take his suggestion which was to write songs that the people of the world would appreciate and so we lost an opportunity.
The same thing happened in the USA and again I was too proud to accept the advice of others. I was so certain I was right! If we want lots of cash and become famous, and that seems to be the goal of most, then we have to comply with the wishes of others.
We just have to accept the ups and the downs of which there are plenty and keep going. We have to accept the good and bad bosses.
The wonderful thing is though that Jesus loves us even though we tend to screw up so often and He never lets us down.
Mel Gibson is a good example for me.. Yes I am sad that he is now divorced but he accomplished so much for the Kingdom Of God with his movie The Passion of the Christ.!! Absolutely marvellous and has made a huge impression on so many people.
He did not make his cash with the Passion but as an actor pleasing many many people at the professional way he did his job.
So the moral of this blog is, we must accept the Home Truths about Life and make the best of it!!! Often in unfavourable conditions and with unfavourable people!
We have to swallow our pride and work with people that we do not particularly like but as the world is made up of just such people... Make the best of it!!!! Otherwise you will regret your decision later when you are left behind wasting your talents on something very very second best while others are rolling in cash and luxury.
In this letter if the shoe fits, wear it.. It fits me perfectly and I am still learning to wear it with a smile. This is a sermon against me too. I hope it helps you!!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment