Saturday 20 February 2010

Do not miss this one. A wonderful conditional promise

Do Not Miss This One!!!!!


Book of Isaiah 58:9-14. from today's liturgical readings in the Roman Catholic Church throughout the world....

Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer, you shall cry for help, and he will say: Here I am!

If you bestow your bread on the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; Then light shall rise for you in the darkness, and the gloom shall become for you like midday; Then the LORD will guide you always and give you plenty even on the parched land. He will renew your strength, and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring whose water never fails. The ancient ruins shall be rebuilt for your sake, and the foundations from ages past you shall raise up; "Repairer of the breach," they shall call you, "Restorer of ruined homesteads."

If you hold back your foot on the sabbath from following your own pursuits on my holy day; If you call the sabbath a delight, and the LORD'S holy day honorable; If you honor it by not following your ways, seeking your own interests, or speaking with malice-- Then you shall delight in the LORD, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will nourish you with the herit


I first started to read my Bible seriously in 1965 round about March or April. It was just after Winston Churchill died. I filed past his coffin in Westminster and I knew that History had been made by this extraordinary man and I knew that History was important.

History, HIS STORY!! the story of Jesus Christ. I gave my life to Jesus on a railway train at that time and from then on I could not put my Bible down. I read it like a very thrirsty soul!! I had found a reason for it all! I knew that my redeemer lived and He lived within my heart!

Shortly afterwards I read this chapter in Isaiah 58 and was so overwhelmed by this simple promise that I began to weep. I for sure was not able always to keep my side of the bargain, but I can promise you that Jesus did, in spite of my many failings and defeats and shortcomings and mistakes. He is faithful and every word in the above promise has become true for me. It can for you too.


What do you have to do???????


Here is the answer


If you bestow your bread on the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; Then light shall rise for you in the darkness, and the gloom shall become for you like midday; Then the LORD will guide you always and give you plenty even on the parched land. He will renew your strength, and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring whose water never fails. The ancient ruins shall be rebuilt for your sake, and the foundations from ages past you shall raise up; "Repairer of the breach," they shall call you, "Restorer of ruined homesteads."


For me it simply meant to share my faith with others. If I was to do just this, then I would be helping and really feeding others with food that would last for eternity.

Jesus Christ is the answer to every problem that the human race has to face. Without HIM one has NOTHING and with HIM we all have EVRYTHING.


God Bless you and have a wonderful week end this freezing cold 20th of February 2010 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment