Monday 7 January 2013

Falling in love with His Church!

Falling in love with His Church! I have a deep down resentment for Church Buildings and Ceremonies and gaudily dressed Priests and Bishops and Cardinals... I have felt like this for most of my life!!!° However recently it has begun to dawn on me that the Kingdom of God in Heaven is a really beautiful and awesome place. There are thrones and Princes and Courtiers and splendidly dressed men and women and many in just plain White Robes, whiter then white. The Heavenly Kingdom is not a dreary place where only Jesus Himself is doing everything in a dreary drab room. Our Protestant Brothers and Sisters are quick to forget that Jesus did not act all alone. He appointed 12 to be with Him and many there were who helped Him in His Mission. He has a Heavenly Army, a Heavenly Host, and millions of helpers. Jesus does not act alone and is surrounded by saints and saved souls. Also do not forget the total importance of God the Father and God the Holy Spirit! It is not just Jesus God the Son. We believe in a Triune God. If there was only one God alone, how could they have LOVE???? Love depends on having others to love.. So what I am trying to say is that yesterday at the feast of the Epiphany which in Cologne has extra importance and significance, as it is here that the bones of the three wise men are laid to rest, I began to see and understand that our Church which represents the Kingdom of God in Heaven is a truly awesome spectacle and is meant to be so. It is a copy and of course only a limited copy of that great and glorious place, which eye has not seen nor ear heard nor entered into the heart of men, that God has prepared for those who love Him. Men and not angel spirits are the representatives with all their great shortcomings. Sinful men who are dressed up and trying to the best of their ability to be representatives of the Heavenly Kingdom. Yes!! Yesterday I fell in love once again with my Church. Even though the greater part of my Church do not understand or even appreciate me for the work that I do, it does not matter. I am comforted by the words that are in the Gospel of saint John... He came unto His own and His own received Him not... But to as many as did receive Him he gave the power to become the Sons of God. I am in very good company and pray for my enemies especially those who should know better but are blinded by pride and Pharisaical selfrighteouness. Yes I love them too and pray for them regularly. I Love my Church with all of its deficiencies and shortcomings. I too have plenty of those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment