Friday 20 December 2013

Priorities for the rest of my life

To all my brothers and sisters in Christ. To all my friends and associates. May God bless you with a wonderful happy birthday Jesus 2013.
Life is incredibly precious, and incredibly exciting, isn't it?
I never really dreamed that I would live to the age of 75.
Time seems to be travelling so so quickly.
It is such a great privilege to still be here. Try to imagine the millions, no billions who have died before the age of even 25. Tragically killed in wars, motor accidents, disease and countless other hazards that are a part of our human existence.
Why me? Why am I 75, and still alive?
Because, it is the grace of God. GRACE...... God's Reward At Christ's Expense!!!!
The question is what should I do for the rest of my life??
I have been given this great opportunity and privilege so what should I do with it?
What is the top priority on my list of things to do?
This is a question that we must all ask ourselves very seriously?
Take a minute to think about this.
Of course there are many things that are very important.
Taking care of family, friends, being a good husband being a good wife, being a good father being a good mother, a Good brother or sister.
All these we must do. They are extremely important.
But is there something even more important than this?
Well I believe there is. And I'm sure that if you think about it you will most likely agree.
The truth is that I cannot even do or attempt to do those things without the help of my best friend.
My best friend is the reason for it all. He created me and has given me and you a job to do.
To be able to carry out his instructions, I have to have a good connection with him. He has left behind the most beautiful wonderful book for me to read. It is the world's best seller far outstripping any other piece of literature.
THE HOLY BIBLE!!!!
This is not just a book to read but a set of daily instructions.
Here I will be able to read and study how my best friend operates. I will be able to digest and try to copy Him.
He will teach me how to stay in good contact with him. Here he encourages me to talk to him without ceasing. What He is saying is that without his help you really cannot accomplish anything really good. And with his help you can do just about anything that is good and beneficial to others and in the long term even to yourself.
Now I know that most of you know about this and even understand it pretty well yourself. I want to ask you a tough question? If I know my friend, and that he is the total answer to every problem in this very sad and sick world of ours, then what should I do about it?
If I have the secret of life what should I do with this secret?
None of us know exactly how many more days, weeks, months, years, that we have before we actually go and meet him face-to-face in eternity. How long is it until we hear him say, "What have you done with your life?" "What have you done with this amazing privilege that I gave you?"
Let's take a look at His Word in the holy Bible shall we?
The Gospel of St Mark, chapter 16, and verse 15. Here we are told very clearly what to do."Go into all the world and tell the good news to every creature."
When you think about this verse, you will understand that this is exactly what the master did. He forsook all. He forsook the most amazing and wonderful place of existence that is even beyond our imagination, to come down to this Earth and live among us. He did this in such a way that even the poorest person in the world would be able to relate to Him. He arrived on the scene born in a cattle cave in the side of a hill side because there was no room for him and his mother and stepfather anywhere else in Bethlehem. This is what he did for us and now the question is what are we going to do in 2014 for Him?
I believe that your and my answer to this question will help shape the future. It will help shape your future and yes, even the future of the whole world.
If we neglect this question, then I can promise you that you will experience very little good and fun and meaningful.
The choice is up to us. And now for a practical tip.
Whether you are in school or have a spare moment in your office or in your work or talking to somebody in the supermarkets or where ever you may be, you can say something like this. "Excuse me may I ask you a question? Do you love Jesus Christ?" Now depending on the answer to that question you will have your opportunity to share your testimony and talk to them about your best friend. It is really just that simple. Of course you have to take the risk of being made fun off or even ignored or even a rude hurtful reply. I like the reply that Mother Teresa of Calcutta once gave to a person who asked "why do you have a black eye?" She calmly replied, "its all in a days work."
Once again a very happy and merry Christmas to you. And a wonderful rest of your life. If you would like to help us with a small donation please get in touch and we will show you the best way to do that. We live entirely from small donations given to us from the people whose hearts have been touched with this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment