Wednesday 25 March 2015

AM I FOLLOWING JESUS?

AM I FOLLOWING JESUS CHRIST???
ARE YOU FOLLOWING JESUS CHRIST???

Please notice that I did not use the word BELIEVE but the word FOLLOW!!!

Now before we think about and reflect on this statement, let's go to the ultimate authority the bible.

I believe the Bible and believe that it is THE WORD OF GOD!!! How about you???

However that does not mean that every word in the bible carries the same weight!!!???

For example ..... Moreover the dog licked Lazarus's sores LUKE 16:21 is not as important as say John  ch 3:16!!!!!

Do you agree???

I personally think that the RED LETTER WORDS or direct quotes from JESUS, stand out as more important than say the teachings of PAUL...???

FOR EXAMPLE.....JESUS TAUGHT HIS DISCIPLES TO LUKE 14:33 ...forsake all !!!...YES THAT IS RIGHT !!! FORSAKE EVERYTHING !!! Give it all up.....Let's face it that is what JESUS did for us and then he tells us that..AS MY FATHER SENT ME SO SEND I YOU John ch 20:21..JESUS also commands not suggests ....GO INTO ALL THE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE....OW!!! That hurts !!! 

PAUL SAID IT WAS OK TO MAKE TENTS TO SUPPORT ONESELF .....
JESUS SAID TO SELL EVERYTHING AND FOLLOW HIM..

JESUS. Also said in LUKE 9:60 to a guy who wanted to follow JESUS but needed a couple of days off go bury his dead earthly father...
LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD!!!!!!!COME AND FOLLOW ME ....IT'S NOW OR NEVER!!!

Two other guys also made excuses...seemingly quite reasonable....but were rejected...read it in LUKE 9 !!!

NOW FOR THE CRUNCH AND MOST UNPOPULAR VERSE AND SAYING STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE's MOUTH, THE VERY WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST.. MATTHEW ch 24:13......wait for it...........

He that ENDURES TO THE END....get that??? ...to the very bitter end....
SHALL BE SAVED!!!!!!

I am being tortured for my faith...help!!!!!!!!....

So out of the front door goes your ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED FALSE DOCTRINE !!!

So what is my answer?????

Realise that it is only ONLY ONLY ONLY by HIS MERCY and HIS GRACE...and HIS FORGIVENESS...HIS BLOOD...that we are saved....

I only have assurance of salvation in the realisation...continual realisation...that like Therese of Licieux one of the patron saints of France and of the 19th century, who said "even if I had been a whore and a wasteful prodigal daughter, IF I WOULD THROW MYSELF INTO HIS MERCIFUL ARMS, AND I KNOW THAT HE WOULD ACCEPT ME...."

AM I FOLLOWING JESUS.???
Well I could say that every single day of the year with no exceptions I go out witnessing to a hot spot in the local capital of our province, COLOGNE...
Does that qualify???
No not really... I have a home...I live in a comfortable bed....

I would be a liar to say that I was following JESUS and that I was his disciple....I AM A BELIEVER and hopefully you too....I am just doing the kind of best that I can under the circumstances BUT THE MAIN THING YOU AND I CAN DO IS TO...
trust in his mercy love and forgiveness and grace and that somehow even in great tribulation that HE will help me not to give up and throw the towel in  and keep realising that we fall short of our obligations ALL THE TIME .....

THAT WOULD BE HUMBLE AND IN HIS EYES I DARE SAY ...ACCEPTABLE !!! 
What do you think?????
Look forward to hearing your take on this fascinating subject????


No comments:

Post a Comment