Tuesday 31 May 2016

THE CHILDREN OF GOD

THE CHILDREN OF GOD
1Co 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
THIS IS A VERY KEY VERSE IN TRUE CHRISTIANITY
I was a member of this group for 25 years and I would like to write a very short appraisal about this movement...The following will be just my ideas and I am not saying that I am right or wrong. However with 75 years on this planet, I think this does give me the right to give my own opinion...
I would like to start totally positive...before I met the COG I was looking for a way to serve JESUS CHRIST. I was already crazily in love with HIM AND AT THE SOUND OF THE NAME JESUS BEING MENTIONED, TEARS WOULD WELL UP IN MY EYES.
I tried all the local radical PROTESTANT groups..the navigator missionaries was the closest that I could find but they were anti charismatic or PENTECOSTAL.
I went on a fast which lasted 29 days..shortly after this I met the cog.
Here I was able to PUT my total reliance in Him. I learned to put into practice a life of total faith.
As I look back I can see one really big area of false doctrine. THE CROSS OF CHRIST.. Now an empty cross represents an instrument for the death penalty rather like a gallows or an electric chair or a firing squad. We were taught that there was no longer any reason to emphasise the cross because JESUS has risen from the dead..the salvation tract that we distributed was called the baby tract..we were told in the tract that JESUS took our spanking for us.... A closer look at the real cross experience as portrayed by Mel Gibson in THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST. As portrayed by the Hollywood actor Jim Kavesel shows that this sacrifice was a great deal more than a spanking....PROTESTANTS fall into this heresy very easily too. Most of the 30,000 different disunited denominations would also take up this point of view?. We have to remember that satan or the devil or lucifer absolutely abhor the cross as do Muslims and all other religions... WHY???? BECAUSE IT IS ON THIS CROSS THAT THE BATTLE AGAINST EVIL WAS WON FOR GOOD AND FOR EVER BY THE SON OF GOD JESUS CHRIST. The battle of CALVARY should NEVER be belittled.. If you do then like the cog you will soon be off track. That is why this group does not exist today and that is why Protestantism has no unity and no real force in the world.
I HAVE A GREAT DEAL MORE TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT BUT THAT WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR LATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment