Wednesday 19 December 2012

A great witnessing TIP...Share your faith!!!!

A great witnessing tip!! Getting people to stop, and listen, is an art. Some are better than others and others are often understandably too embarrassed to even try. Recently the Lord showed me a way to talk to anyone and especially to groups of kids which gather outside the Cologne DOM Cathedral.. Germans, Dutch, French and English in the main. So this is how it works... Hi!!! Would you like to hear some news??? Good news and bad news? Which would you like to hear first? If there is disagreement then I take a quick majority vote and usually bad news wins.. "O.K.Well the bad news is that one out of every one of us is going to die!" To emphasise my point, I usually draw my hand across my throat like it is getting cut. A little bit of drama is needed to keep their attention. Then I say, " The IPOD stays... The snazzy cell phone stays... the little dog and cat stay... boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, sister, mum and dad all stay behind... Now for the Good News.."If you say this little prayer...Dear Jesus Christ please come into my heart, forgive my sins and fill me with your Holy Spirit of Love and give me the free gift of Eternal Life, thennnnnnnnnnn you take something very good with you.. Please say this prayer after me and then I get them to repeat it. If they are rather reluctant, then there is usually one or two who do follow the prayer and these I make a great show of congratulating them for their bravery and vigorously shaking their hand. Then I give the rest a second chance and you would be amazed to see how many will now very sheepishly pray along. This works for adults too with a little adaption to suit the circumstances. Then I give them the lit with my address and email and telephone number, and the prayer which they just prayed written on it, and then I offer them the home produced rosaries for a small donation. Around 5 Euros..4 3 and even 2. Hope that was a help. I also tell them that if they try this out on others then they too become a missionary, just like me and Irmgard. Have great fun trying. You will get a special blessing from God if you pluck up courage and give it a go.... I also tell them and this could be very important too. "You will forget many instances in your life but you will never ever forget this one.!" I say this to them even if they refuse Jesus!!!!!! GBY and KGFG and please continue to pray for us and send us help too. Matthew Ch 7 v 7!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment