Thursday 26 November 2015

Winning an important sailing race...over 120 other boats competing

Me, crewed by my mum and dad won thIs race competing with over 120 other similar boats...THE COWES TOWN REGATTA IN 1963/4 can't remember the exact year. We were lying in third place and I had very recently asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart.. There was about 300 yards to go and I told my unbelieving mum and dad, "I'm going to ask Jesus to give us first place.The first gun." Mum and dad were horrified! "They exclaimed, Jesus is far too busy to answer such a stupid prayer!" Well I went ahead and prayed aloud.. "Please Jesus help our boat to win!" The two boats in front suddenly lost all wind and our boat gained a beautiful puff of wind and we went sailing through to win the Cowes Town Regatta with the  winning gun being fired from the ROYAL YACHT SQUADRON..A Christian magazine run by Derek Sangster a son of the famous BOVRIL King, English people all know about BOVRIL and Marmite, Challenge Magazine, printed the story with a beautiful picture of our boat winning this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment