Friday 24 October 2014

AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY

AN EXTRAORDINARY DAY TODAY 24th October 2014 Today we remembered to spend time with JESUS praying the Rosary for YOU and all the rest of our friends and family. Then we prayed the Saint Michael prayer to protect us all from the attacks and the wiles of the devil and his evil spirits.. The kids went off to school having risen early for revision for a test. After a quick breakfast I wrote a few replies on my face book yahoo mail and gmail. I checked to see if the children money had come in as we are down to 85 € on our account..Not yet but after phoning they convinced us that it would come before the end of the month..Hallelujah we were very desperate.. Then off to the train station and onto our train... I met a very attentive young guy who was very interested in our presentation of the gospel and world events.. For me these go hand in hand..Our gospel is right up to date with world events. I wanted to offer him a rosary and it was then that I realised that I had left them all at home..The train was stopped so I had to pack everything up and get out of the train to go back home to pick up our precious rosaries. I screamed at Irmgard who was in another seat with an electrical current connection for her iPad which needed recharging. We just made it off the train and to my horror I had left my iPad on the train passenger seat. This is the second time that I have done this this year.. I was devastated as the chances of getting it back was pretty remote. I realised that my sudden move was made in a panic and without prayer. To lose an I pad under contract and replace it would be 400€. This was something I could ill afford.. The platform was deserted and the next train to go back and pick up the rosaries would mean almost an hours wait. This would mean a further reduction in our revenue..to put it mildly I was in a tizz!!! Then we heard that the next train back had been cancelled. ROMANS ch 8:28 flashed through my mind bringing me little comfort. By now the next train from our half way stop would soon be leaving.. It should not have been there but because of the mix up in the train schedule was stopped here rather than at the next. We talked to the driver and he got on the phone to his mate who drove the train that was now well in front of us. Now the first miracle happened.. The train driver agreed to look back down the carriages and luckily we had been sitting near the front. We then phoned MIKEY our eldest son and he was able to track the iPad but found that it wasn't on the train, but off in the town so it seemed that someone had already removed it and was taking it home..The very worst case scenario.. At that moment the driver arrived and told us with a smile on his face that his mate driver had the I pad and would give it to us when we arrived at the main station. That was a very real and heavy load off..I was so relieved that I just wanted to celebrate and throw a party. Now Sitting in our empty carriage was a lady who was fascinated by our plight and told us that this kind of thing often happened to her. She was what we would call a sheep not a Christian but a real seeker. Now because of this extraordinary and unusual event, I was able to minister to her and chat to her.. She had lots of good questions about the Christian faith and the Holy Spirit anointed me to come up with solutions that really fitted her situation. She was so pleased with my small class on basic CHRISTIANITY and how to deal with human problems that she slipped 10€ into my hand as I got off the train. The other driver arrived clutching the very precious ipad which I thoroughly deserved to lose...I gave him a big hug which really surprised him and then off we started witnessing with only literature and no Rosaries. The surprising result was that I witnessed to far more people and made the same amount of cash as I would have done with the rosaries..Of course the small donations added up much slower, but it showed that we can do this job with or without what we consider to be the essential equipment..IF WE WITNESS, WE ALWAYS WIN!!! A L W A Y S,!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment